Tuesday 9 December 2008

African American Browsing

I woke up today and I'm still ill. Joy.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing this approximately 20 or 30 minutes after waking up is because of the new Internet browser that I have just discovered.

"Blackbird" is a new way too surf the internet...only its specifically for African American people.
As the site states:

"Blackbird provides African Americans with easy access to advanced features and services, greater visibility and access to hard-to-find African-American online content and a platform for sharing their entire internet experience on the web."

I'm not quite sure what I make of this, at the same time of thinking It is a good idea, and it will benefit African American's and such things, It seems borderline racist to segregate them from caucasian's. That said, I'm definatly not coming down on the company or condemning them for creating it, I still believe it's a good idea and my benefit black communities. Lets just hope everyone see's it in a similar light.

More Info at the site here:
http://www.blackbirdhome.com/discover.html
& some info on Techcrunch here:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/12/08/blackbird-is-a-custom-browser-for-african-americans-built-on-top-of-mozilla/

No comments: