Tuesday 30 December 2008

One Day.

I'm just like this. I find myself in unrealistic expectations and a lust for an interesting life. More true to myself than ever, I expect to fail but at least I try it all out. From all the colours splattered across the board, I'll try it, taking whatever I can from every place and trying my best not to look back, after all what reason do I have to?

Just like me. I don't ask to be understood, I'd rather I didn't, I like the mystery, all I ask of myself is that I don't mess up with anything from this point on. This life will be an interesting ride. With all the unexplainable things in life, I don't believe anyone needs an answer, standing back and watching the madness unfold is all we should really do.

It's the kind of thing that should be seen scrawled in the notebook of a madman, mental patient, generally unstable individual, yet it comes from a 17 year old with a creatively corrupt mind. There's nothing that I, as a person, if it's possible for me to consider myself that at this age, can say to effectively ease a persons pain and hardships. Then again, what reason would I even have to do that? It's probably because I'm listening to Amy Jo Johnson and her music makes me think more than anything, but when I get into this state of mind I end up just writing anything and everything I'm thinking, said thing being fairly evident.

There's no need for me too carry on writing now, but when was there a need for Darwin to continue his theory of evolution or for Kurt Cobain to continue writing Smells Like Teen Spirit? There wasn't, just like there has never been a need to carry on and continue anything, but as a people, we all feel the need too, even if it means nothing. I expect Cobain wrote his songs never even thinking anyone would care, just being his creative outlet, and Darwin writing believing people would never agree with him, and low and behold, no one did. I get sick of being told by people what I should and shouldn't be doing, probably the thing that annoys me the most, being told to do things, compromising my freedom, a thing that I feel I should keep with me at all time. No matter what you or anyone else thinks, freedom should be the only thing you uphold as a person, it's the only thing you need to survive. Fuck pride. Fuck honour. As important as they are too me fuck them, because in the end they serve no real purpose other than to cause trouble, if anyone honestly wanted the definitive solution to every problem in their life it would be find a way too free yourself from everything holding you down. For the people that can't do that, for the people that are in prison, in war zones and in constant danger every day, It is possible, somehow, you can get up and leave. There's always a way out, whether it be good behaviour, picking up a gun and fighting your way out, on just putting your fist up and saying no, you have a way out. The only thing that ultimately stops you, and deters you from your freedom is the choices you make. If you won't choose to get injured in some way, mental or physical, you can never expect to progress towards freedom. Martin Luther King was murdered for fighting for his dreams that one day black people would be free, in essence that's all everyone else needs to do, dream that we will all one day be free of everything. One day.

No comments: