Monday 8 December 2008

Politics

I am currently residing in England, and every day when I get back from Sixth Form, I have a routine of going through certain websites and checking the news, I didn't want to develop this routine, It just happened that way. Anyway, I usually check Jimmy Ruska's site www.jimmyr.com which, in my experience, has everything I need to know for that day. Now I mention this because every so often, a piece of news will appear that, well, angers me a significant amount. It will always be about what the British Government are either preposing, or have already done without my knowledge.

I am not able to vote yet, and honestly I have no real interest too. Everything the Government want to pass seems like another step closer to detaining an entire country, some of my recent favourites are;
- The government making it necessary to show your passport when buying a mobile phone, which can be found here: "http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4969312.ece"
- Giving the Police the power to check for ID Cards on Citizens in the Street, something that has not been seen since the Second World War, which has recently been rejected thankfully, but can be found here: "http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7765106.stm"

England is a country with more CCTV than any other in the world. How ridiculus is that?
Now I cannot blame this solely on the Government, afterall is the peoples fault too. The state of the country is disgusting, binge drinking, vandalism, fighting, etc. Don't get me wrong on this, I love drinking, few things are as good as sitting around with friends getting drunk on Jack Daniel's, but standing around street corners drinking small amounts of cider and starting fights and knifing people is stupid. These moron's, or 'Chavs' as they are categorised by their betters, are slowly taking England apart piece by piece, and as far as my knowledge goes, they are not really being punished by police.
I myself have been arrested and given a reprimand when I was 15 for things that I don't really need to specify, and I understand that I did something wrong and know that I should not get caught doing it again. The difference between me and these 'Chavs' is that I actually understand what not to do again, they lack the intelligence to avoid the same situation a second time. So this leaves us with a situation where the 'Chavs' commit a crime, get caught by Police, but not fully punished for their actions, thus not learning anything this time, or the next..or the next...or the next.

The most interesting thing I find about my problems with Government is how much I hate English politics but love the American's. A great example of this rift is the 4th of November 2008, a day that I, and millions of others will never forget. This was ofcourse the day Barack Obama won the Presidency, and I was set on seeing the moment where he won, so I stayed up the entire night alone, from around 23.00 to 05.40 just to see the magical moment. I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I was so happy and relieved, it truly was something totally amazing. My reason for mentioning this is how it all came about. Millions of people joining together together to make a positive outcome, something that will benefit them, hopefully something that will fix problems caused by the past..
I think that's what everything comes down to with the differences in American and English Politics for me, you just don't get that, I don't know, Unification in England. No one seems to really care, that's the reason I want to get out of this country as soon as possible.

Anyway, things aren't that bad just yet.

No comments: